We understand that you are eager to get back to caring for your dental health and we would like to share what can you expect when you walk through the doors of our offices. We have worked very hard to follow all guidelines set out by the American Dental Association, Ohio Dental Association, Center for Disease Control and the Ohio Department of Health to ensure that we have taken the proper safety precautions for you and our team members. Please review the below information prior to your visit to our office so you know what to expect when you come in for your next appointment.
- You will be asked to answer screening questions.
- We will be asking you to sanitize your hands and to touch as minimal as possible.
- We request that patients wear a face mask while in our offices except while having work done.
We know and understand that changes can be hard and we appreciate your understanding of these changes.
Below is a letter from President/Owner Dr. John A. Hudec
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations. You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask for some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, and so forth since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- The appointment will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- We have added new equipment and materials to improve the safety of our patients and our team.
We have dedicated a page on our website to all the updates and changes we have made in our offices, for our employees and patients alike. To visit this page on our website please click the button below.
Over the past 6 weeks, I have personally fielded many calls from upset patients for a variety of reasons. I understood every complaint. I accepted and understood your anger and frustration. But my hands, and the hands of the dentists that work at Hudec Dental, were tied. The mandate from the Governor and that of the State Dental Board defined emergencies and what we could see and what we couldn’t see. So, let me apologize to each of you. I can only hope as we transition back to full time, that we again earn your trust by our actions and care. Feel free to contact me at any time if we fail in that mission.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
To make an appointment, please call our office at 216-325-9755 or visit our website by clicking the button below.
DDC Endodontics Team